What makes you laugh?
In order to answer this question, I feel the need to time travel. Travel back to a time when I didn’t feel the looming dark cloud that has been hanging over me of late.
Since Christmas, I’ve been battling a strong case of homesickness. Since New Year’s, I’ve had to let go of a dream I had been entertaining for months. And just yesterday, I learned that my clown friend with cancer, Helen, passed away.
Crying seems to be my default physical response to emotions. Laughter feels out of reach, at least for right now.
So, I’ll make a withdrawal from my memory bank to recall the things that make me laugh…
- Toilet humor, and anything fart-related.
- A pun, that’s so bad it’s good.
- When someone makes the same witty remark I have in my head, a split second before I’m able to say it aloud.
- A conversation with my brother; it doesn’t matter what it’s about, we’re destined to have a good laugh at least once.
- Watching people trip or slip, but recover in time so as not to fall and/or hurt themselves.
So, dear reader, I make this an open call to you. Perhaps it’s even a request. If you have a pun or a joke you’d like to share, especially if it makes you groan, I’ll be grateful if you leave it in the comments ❤